Obituary of June Harriott Hopkins
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our beloved mother. She was a beacon of love, kindness, and strength, leaving an indelible mark on the lives of all who had the privilege of knowing her.
Born June Harriott Wales on June 19, 1926, in McConnell, IL to Edwin Wales and Helen Larrow, she lived a life filled with grace and compassion. Her unwavering love for her family was her greatest joy, and she wholeheartedly dedicated herself to our well-being.
June was a pillar of support and an endless source of inspiration to everyone around her. Her gentle spirit and warm smile brought comfort and solace to those in need. She possessed a unique ability to connect with others, offering a listening ear and wise counsel.
Below are listed just a few of Mom's personal accomplishments:
- Member of a competitive girls' quartet in high school
- Navy Cadet Nurse training at Decatur-Macon County Hospital
- Taught OB-GYN nursing for several years
- Industrial nurse at Lockheed Martin and IBM Boulder
- Head nurse at IBM Phoenix
- Regional Head Nurse (Director) at IBM Corporate
Remembering some of Mom's Favorite Things:
- Traveling with her lifelong companion and protector our wonderful dad, John Hopkins.
- Baseball, watching her beloved Rockies, and attending great grandkids high school games (still challenging balls and strikes in her 90s).
- Fishing with family and friends in Canada, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and anywhere else the fish were biting.
- Playing Bingo and listening to music with her wonderful friends at Greeley Place. She loved you dearly, thanks for keeping her passionately engaged in life.
With an insatiable thirst for knowledge, June was an avid reader and lifelong learner. Her intellectual curiosity was contagious, inspiring others to pursue their personal aspirations up to her last days while teaching and learning from the wonderful people of Pathways Hospice in Fort Collins. Simply said Mom was always gracious even in her passing.
June is predeceased by her loving husband Jack (that's what Mom chose to call him), her parents, her son Frank, and her brother Wayne.
She is survived by Johnette Bailey (Mike), daughter, Greg (Janie), son, 6 grandchildren, and 11 great-grandchildren, brother Homer (Marge) Gautier, MS, and sister Darlene, Nokomis, IL. and many nieces’ nephews and grand nieces and nephews.
While we mourn the loss of our dear mother, we take solace in the cherished memories we shared and the love she bestowed upon us. Her legacy will forever live on in our hearts, and her teachings will guide us through life's challenges.
We warmly invite all whose lives were touched by June to join us in celebrating her remarkable life. May her spirit continue to inspire us to embrace love, kindness, and compassion.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Pathways Hospice, Fort Collins Colorado.
We extend our deepest gratitude to all who have offered their support and condolences during this difficult time. Your love and presence have provided immense comfort to our family.
Mom, may you now rest in eternal peace, reunited with Dad and Frank by your side and at the feet of Jesus our savior. You will be dearly missed here on earth, but your love will forever guide and protect us.
Memorial contributions can be made in June's memory to Pathways Hospice at pathways-care.org.